Friday, March 9, 2012

A few more sky pictures.

The Antarctic skies never cease to amaze me.

The final sunset is April 24th at 1:14 pm. The sunrise for this day is 12:27 pm.

Cool clouds.

Sunset last night.
I am amazed at what the old Antarctic explorers went through. I bought this shirt which is really for those that have returned for many years to work. I kind of think of it as the "Old Guys Rule" shirts. So I got one...
even though I am a new Antarctic explorer! About a 1/4 mile away is where many of the old guys had their ships imprisoned in ice as they set out to the South Pole.

4 comments:

  1. I was following you and your daughter on your cycling trip across America.

    By chance I found your new blog.
    I really enjoy following your new adventure down in Antarctica and keep up posting lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Werner. My daughter is now on her bike riding from western North Carolina to home in Cape Canaveral, Florida. I miss being with her. We'll ride together again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Werner is right. You are quite a reporter and a photographer

    ReplyDelete