Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Light Room is open



There are many people here that have a difficult time sleeping because of the darkness as there is no light during the day. Fortunately I am not one of them. A room was set up with fluorescent light fixtures with bulbs that mimic sunlight along with comfortable surroundings and furniture. We are encouraged to come sit, read and absorb some "sunlight". I visit here often and feel like I am in a park. The only thing missing is watching children play. It is a good napping area too!


Very comfortable new couches.

Nice wall hangings.


The sun is always shining.

Flowers and fountains.


Nice and relaxing background sound.


Some of the Memorial Day posters in front of the store.


My son Cary is a budding video game artist. He is putting together a portfolio to attend the University of Central Florida (UCF) masters program. He is also under commission to draw six "monsters" that will be included in an upcoming book. I set his fourth monster as my new Desktop Background. I really like this "Tar Man" and the setting. To see more of his work go to www.ezeleolos.com. (a shameless plug for my son!)
Tar Man.


I found this very interesting drawing of Antarctica with the ice cap removed. The continent is composed of many sub-glacial rivers and lakes. The elevation of the South Pole is almost 10,000 feet with about 9,000 feet of ice.
My coworker is brewing beer.

 











4 comments:

  1. Well, well! You did a good thing sharing your pride about our very talented son. He is stressing about his pictures, and I will be happy for him when they are done. Summer is here with my car temp at almost 100 degrees at 4:30. Good to see they have a sunny room. Enjoy that often, and I will send morey pictures. Take care, love always, Andee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him just to go with the flow. "No worries" is a very common expression here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but artists are paid to create their own "flow", and if don't push myself on every piece it will show. I just have an easier time with some paintings too. The tarman is an example, because all of the work was done in three days instead of a week or two!

      Thanks you for the plug and i'm happy that you have taking a liking to my work! I want to get a framed canvas poster of tarman for the end of the hall if you don't mind looking at it more :) Fun thing about getting a canvas printed is that it will actually have real texture to it like the beach painting you bought from california even though it's entirely digital. It would be a nice entrance (or warning!) to what sort of person dwells at the end of the hall...~

      Delete
    2. Sounds good. It can be displayed outside at Halloween.

      Delete