Sunday, May 13, 2012

An Antarctic MasqueRAGE Party

Another party in McMurdo! During the last few weeks people having been making masks and artwork for the party. I made a space shuttle mask of Discovery. The name was appropriate because that is the name of Robert Scott's first expedition ship in 1901-1903. In fact the space shuttle was named after this ship. I had a really good time and once again happy that I participated. Sometimes I have to force myself to attend functions but always am glad that I go. My daughter Jocelyn would have loved this and probably would have been the star of the hip hop show as she is known for her Dub Stepping skills. 

I am not an artist. Kind of juvenile and dumb but so "in" at McMurdo!

Really dumb looking!


This was interesting.







I like the rainbow over my head.



They like me!

A five minute poorly lighted YouTube video of a hip hop dance routine. Rated PG-13 for music language. McMurdoites having fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_VNIYIPJC4


2 comments:

  1. Mikey! You are doing some really cool stuff dude! I really like your mask and that represents what we know you thrive on, space memories! Also, Jocelyn is going to her masquerade dub step with a peacock mask...check out her Fb.
    Oh, what can you do for the burn on your face??? One of my students said he read the blog and was worried about it....imagine that!
    So, you did a good thing to remember your mom, and thanks for the card from Ata. Please be careful and we will be happy to see some of your future crazy events!
    Love always,
    Andee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the total peace on Ob Hill. Last night was my first break in 6 evenings so I sat in my room and watched a movie. Was bored pretty quickly though. Still having fun. I don't look at Facebook due to the huge "drama" factor.

      The left side of my face is peeling now. Everybody comments on it. I feel like wearing a bag.

      Delete