Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cool McMurdo Dorm Rooms

Compared to my small plain room these are really nice! It is amazing what some people do. All of these dorm rooms are in the main building 155 where the galley and several offices are located. During the summer months they house 4-6 people each. There are community bathrooms down the hall. The nice thing about winter is that everybody gets their own room. Where these people store all of their stuff is beyond me.


A real collector here!




















And last but certainly not least...my digs! But it is cozy.


My biking friend Joseph from El Paso Texas sent me this link. Really cool views of several Antarctic spots:

http://maps.google.com/intl/en/help/maps/streetview/gallery.html#!/antarctica

After Friday's storm Saturday was very nice. We all had high expectations for a nice Sunday hike since the temperature had warmed up to -25 degF. Sunday morning was still nice but then the wind steadily picked up and chased everybody inside for the day. So my day was spent doing laundry, cleaning house, and one of my favorites 'reading and napping'. At least I stayed warm for once but it was kind of a boring day though.

My neighbor occasionally sends me 'Blasts from the past' pictures. I really like this one especially with the sun, ocean, beach and my boat. Thanks Chris.
What a nice day! I live 700 feet up from this beach.

My parent's home (the home I grew up in) in Oxnard, California sold in March. My son and I cleaned it out last December after my cross country bicycle ride with my daughter. A coworker of mine in Florida told me one time that he found a picture and small note in the attic of his recently purchased home from the previous owner. What a neat idea I said. So I put the following picture and note in the attic of our family home in Oxnard. I wonder if the new owner has found it yet?

My sister and I. My younger sister sitting next to me is deceased.
We certainly did!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I haven't sent any pictures and thought you might be sorta mixed up about the heat difference. Today is rather cool around 88. I ran several errands in the car and the temp never went above 90. That is nice! Hope you got more done than planned. I am still working on my list.

    Your sentimental pictures and gift to the new owners is very sweet. I know they will enjoy the 'hood and fit right in. Tish and Jim will celebrate their 20th on Aug. 1st. I hope they enjoy their home like your folks and we have.
    Your box is in the mail...
    Love always, andee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mailing the package. I will be sending a few boxes home at win-fly. I thought the dogs might enjoy a penguin...

      Delete